Rehab Treatment Programs in Chattanooga, TN
Rehab treatment programs in Chattanooga are designed to help people begin the process of recovery from drug or alcohol addiction. Every person has different psychological triggers behind the addictive behavior, so it’s important that the right combination of rehab treatment programs is used to achieve the best possible outcome.
There are several different types of rehab treatment programs in Chattanooga, so it’s possible to locate the right one to suit each individual person’s needs.
What is Addiction Treatment Therapy?
Drug and alcohol rehab treatment programs all begin with the detoxification process. During detox, the patient is withdrawing from the drug of addiction. Depending on the type of drug being taken, there is risk of unpleasant or potentially life-threatening withdrawal symptoms emerging.
Detoxing under proper supervision in a residential rehab facility provides around-the-clock monitoring in a safe environment. Some patients may be given prescription medications to alleviate the worst of any symptoms that arise.
Participating in our drug detox programs in Chattanooga is just the first step on the road to recovery. On its own, it does nothing to address the psychological aspect of self-destructive behaviors associated with addiction.
Rehab treatment programs for addiction integrate specialized behavioral therapies and individual counseling sessions in an effort to discover the triggers behind dysfunctional behaviors. Recovering addicts are then taught effective new coping skills for dealing with life’s stresses without the need for drugs or alcohol.
Because addicts don’t naturally have such coping skills, our relapse prevention programs in Chattanooga help addicts to utilize these coping skills whenever they’re confronted with a trigger or any other stressful situation that may make them want to relapse.
As part of the treatment process, a range of alternative therapies and group support sessions are also introduced. Each type of therapy is designed to provide alternative outlets and support mechanisms for the recovering person that can be highly effective in maintaining long-term sobriety.
Type of Addiction Therapy Models
There are a range of different addiction therapy models available. In order to determine the correct combination of treatments, addiction specialists first need to take into account the type of drug being taken, the length of use, and the presence of any co-occurring mental health disorders.
Common types of addiction therapies that may be used include:
- Behavioral therapy: Cognitive behavioral therapy is a form of psychotherapy treatment designed to change dysfunctional patterns of thinking or behavior. Therapy works to direct the recovering person to find their own path towards positive and self-directed change.
- Individual counseling: One-on-one drug and alcohol addiction counseling sessions are structured to emphasize behavioral goals as they relate to reducing or stopping addictive substance use. Counseling may also encompass other areas that require attention, including relationships, employment concerns, self-esteem and self-worth issues, and involvement in illegal activities.
- Group support sessions: Regular attendance at group support sessions is strongly encouraged for any recovering addict. By nature, addicts tend to isolate themselves from friends and family, so having a like-minded peer support group reduces feeling of isolation. Group sessions, such as 12-step programs, Addictions Anonymous, or SMART Recovery, also provide important new social networks.
- Alternative therapies: Throughout the recovery process, it’s important that patients learn effective new ways to cope with stress and symptoms of anxiety or depression. Some alternative therapies focus on learning ways to reduce stress and anxiety, while others provide a healthy outlet for expressing emotions. Still others are designed to improve feelings of self worth and self-esteem.
Some commonly used alternative or holistic therapies include:
- Restorative yoga
- Mindfulness meditation
- Art therapy, such as drawing, painting, writing, dancing, or music
- Job skills training
Which Is the Right Addiction Treatment Therapy for You?
Rehab treatment programs in Chattanooga are focused on creating the correct combination of therapies to suit each individual person’s needs. Not every person will respond the same way to some types of therapy, so it’s important that the effectiveness of each method is assessed and adjusted accordingly.
Even after the person graduates from Chattanooga Drug Rehab Centers and returns to independent living, it’s important that a range of aftercare therapies and services are available to provide ongoing support and guidance.
To learn more about our rehab treatment programs in Chattanooga, please call us now at (423) 799-4292 to speak with an addiction specialist.